Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Craft room

Over the holidays, I have been looking at my disastrous craft room and wondering how I'm ever going to find the bottom of it.  I often fantasize of a large fire gutting it and thinking it would be the easiest way--or some other natural or man-made disaster.  Every time I spend time cleaning a closet, drawer, or surface that spot soon gets taken over by the creep that is slowly taking over my life in that part of the house.

It wasn't always that way.  I had a spot for everything.  A part of the room was for sewing, for scrapbooking, for etching, for quilting, and for my computer writing.  I had the bills set off to one side so every two weeks I could find them and get them paid on time.  I am a pile person and every pile had its designated spot.

Enter family.  When they have no idea where something goes, they decide Mom knows what to do with it.  So the best place for that object always is THE CRAFT ROOM.  Down the hall they traipse and any flat surface it goes.  Most of the time it is in front of my monitor.  Which for me, means my other stuff gets shoved to any other clean surface.

Do I need to explain further?  Junk mail?  Mom's office.  Bills?  Mom's office. Tubes of lotion? Mom's office.  (What is wrong with the bathroom  or trash?  How many tubes do we need?) Left-over book-binders and papers from school (again the trash)?  and the list goes on.

I stopped learning new crafty things since my shelves were filled with unfinished or need-to-do projects.  I have given mounds of things to second-hand stores for other 'unlearned' souls to pick up. On good days, I just throw things out.  And yet, the trash never ends.  I feel like I am drowning in it.

"They" say 'cleanliness is next to Godliness.'  Well, in my craft room, I am a long, long way from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment