Monday, July 1, 2013

Bounteous Blessings

This is just a writing to finally show you my lovely garden beds built by my Darling Hubby and Super Son.  I have been talking about this early in my previous posts and promised  to show pictures.

While I was out taking pictures, I realized I needed to count my blessings of all the things I can and have done out in my yard.  With the help of my family and the neighbor boy, I have done all you see below.  Just remember, we live in second driest state in the Union (Nevada is the first).  It is a battle to keep our grass green and the weeds down.  haha


One of the three boxes built this year.  We only has enough money to fill two and half
with enough soil.  This one has Early Goliath Tomatoes, Pik Rite Tomatoes,
Nacho Macho Peppers, and California Wonder Bells.

I won 5 Blue Ribbons in the County Fair with all these varieties last year.


The start of something delicious!  Can't wait.



A far off few of my garden from the corner of my yard.



I have 5 varieties of grapes growing around my yard.  This one is a pink champagne-type grape
called Candice.


The Candice grape growing in this section.  I have Concord, Himrod,  Glenora, and an unknown variety.



My beautiful Hollyhocks that bring bees and butterflies.


My raspberry patch!  I love, love this.  When I would send the kids out to pick
these, I would never get what I was expecting.  They would always
pick one, eat two.

The season is just beginning. 




I have have six fruit trees in my back yard, also.  The one above is an apple.
The one below is an apricot.  I also have two peach trees and two cherry trees.
We lost a peach tree this year.


With all this surrounding me, I couldn't help but think of all the blessings I have.  I can garden to my heart's content.  I get to have fresh fruit and vegetables and nothing beats a red, ripe tomato.  So the little trip around my back yard, through the morning heat of 90*F, helped me realize I do somethings after all, and I am blessed by my Heavenly Father in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment